Every week, Webaround receives countless requests for lighting solutions and what the best way is to light up the product. It’s a great question! Any green screen on the market can chroma your background out with little light. However, to get a perfect chroma key AND make the subject look great, you need a good lighting kit. Below are the four best lighting solutions we suggest when lighting your Webaround!
Flashpoint LED Ring Light [$39.95]
Ring lights are becoming a major component of many creator’s setup, due to its impressive lighting ability and general ability to adjust the angle which can be used to reduce or eliminate shadows altogether. That said, this ring light stand from Flashpoint is great for individuals who don’t have a lot of room for bulky light setups, but still want a pretty impressive lighting solution. This kit includes one LED ring light, one 50 watt bulb, and a carrying case.
- Provides sufficient lighting from one light source
- Travel ready
- Angle of the right light can be adjusted forward and backward
- One light is typically not enough to effectively light a green screen. Users should be ready to tweak and use ambient lighting (ceiling lights, lamps, etc.) around them to compensate
- Ring light bulbs run much more expensive than a typical fluorescent or LED bulb, so the overhead cost is higher for this model
- Does not include a light stand
LimoStudio LMS103 600W Umbrella Lights [$52.99]
This lighting solution is fantastic for the creator on a budget. Every kit comes with two 86″ umbrella light stands, one 28″ light stand, three bulbs, and a carrying case. The umbrella style lighting disperses light across the entire subject, giving great light coverage with only two lights. If you want to ensure a completely even lighting, you can place the included 28″ light stand behind the Webaround to provide a perfect backlight.
- Great lighting coverage with two umbrellas
- Low overall cost
- Fluorescent bulbs are cheap to replace
- Easy to travel with
- Limited to 45 wattage bulbs
- Cannot direct light to specific parts of subject
- Not dimmable, so it requires tweaking white balance within your camera settings.
StudioFX 2400 Watt Soft box Lighting Kit [$126.99]
If you want more control on directing light, then soft box lighting is the way to go. This kit provides you three soft box lighting stands (with one including a boom arm), a sandbag for the boom arm, twelve 45 watt light bulbs, and a carrying case. One of the best features is being able to dim the lights with their four bulb, globe style lighting system.
- Complete control of lighting direction
- Dimmable lights
- Travel ready
- All light bulbs included
- Takes up a large amount of space
- More bulbs means more overhead cost to replace them as they go out
Neweer LED Panel Lighting Kit [$129.99]
LED lighting kits are great because unlike their soft box and umbrella light counterparts, LED lighting kits don’t create the white hue that is present with the others. Subjects using this style of lighting are provided ultimate control and direction of the light, while also having the option of attaching film gel to warm or cool the subject even further without tweaking the balances in post-production. This kit contains two LED Panel Lighting stands, two mini-soft box attachments, two batteries, a charging station, and carrying case.
- Complete control of light to reduce/eliminate shadows
- Light can be attached to stand or to DSLR camera (for those who are using their DSLR as their face camera)
- Perfect for travel
- No light bulbs to worry about, just batteries
- Battery life is 1-2 hours, so you either need to purchase more battery packs or invest in a large amperage pack
- These LED lights do not include barn-doors, which would let you point the light exactly where you want it.
- This kit only provides two LED lights, which should work, but three or more is always best for full coverage.
It is such a well-written blog post regarding 4 Best Lighting Solutions for the Webaround. I already bookmark your website. I loved the way you described the Best Lighting Solutions? Seriously your way of explaining is fabulous and amazing as always. Keep writing and sharing.
Thanks for writing this great article for us. I have gained good stuff from this website. Looking forward to your next article. Keep it up.
I agree about the ring light! I just recently purchased one, and I was immediately impressed with the portability and how well they work. It’s good to see someone sharing good information.
That’s interesting post …
I added your website into my favourites!
Keep up good work! Excited for future updates!